<ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object doesn't support property or method 'down'</Message> <Line>426</Line> <URL>/tools/systemsettings/dialogs/systemsettings.aspx</URL> <PageURL>/tools/systemsettings/dialogs/systemsettings.aspx</PageURL> <Function>anonymousr:Objectdoesn'tsupportpropertyormethod'down'</Function> <FunctionRaw>TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'down'</FunctionRaw> <CallStack> <Function>anonymousr:Objectdoesn'tsupportpropertyormethod'down'</Function> </CallStack> </ScriptErrorDetails>
So this is an error on the CRM page itself and there is not a lot I can do about it. I just figured it was a bug in the system.
I’ve put up with it because it was not a huge issue for me, and I really didn’t want to spend any quality time working on a support case. I always figured that it was something that would be fixed by an update rollup.
We are in the process of migrating to Dynamics CRM 2015. The issue persists and now I can no longer ignore it. I have to make changes to the system settings. This also means that it is not server-specific, but something about the CRM databases, since that is the only commonality since I have migrated this system from 2011 to 2013 to 2015.
Or was it???
So I turn on tracing and captured these errors:
- Duplicate DisplayName found for lcid '9242' – 'Serbian (Latin, Serbia)'.
- Duplicate DisplayName found for lcid '10266' – 'Serbian (Cyrillic, Serbia)'.
Which have absolutely, nothing, and I repeat, nothing to do with the problem.
But it did led me to this thread:
Which led me to the real problem. The Email Attachment size setting was incompatible with CRM 201x.
Someone, at some point had set it to 90,120. It turns out that the maximum value for that field is 32,768. Which you will see should you try and enter it by hand. But, since this was an import, it was not checked. I lowered the value to 32K and that solved the issue.
So here is a recap of my findings:
- A Platform Traced point to duplicate configuration information.
- Which led me to a Google search which produced an thread on the Dynamics Community site.
- Which pointed me to the real error.
- Which I played around with until I found the real problem and answer.
Or, as I like to say:
These are not the droids we are looking for. Move along; Move along.