I am holding another Dynamics CRM Plugin Development workshop next month. The goal of the class is for me to teach you everything I know about plugin development.
When: Tuesday, December 17th through Thursday, December 19th. (Thursday is a half-day).
What: This is a hands-on workshop with each student provided their own virtual development environment for the duration of the class
Cost: $995 per person (multi-student discounts available)
Note: Due to the interactive nature of this workshop, it will be limited to 10 students.
- Plugin architecture and design
- The Dynamics CRM execution pipeline
- The how, why, and where of plugging into Dynamics CRM
- Performance considerations
- Working in the sandbox
- The development environment
- Source control
- Working in teams
- Deploying plugins
- To CRM
- In a solution
- To CRM Online (if applicable to the student population)
- Debugging plugins
- Synchronous vs. asynchronous
- Full-trust vs. sandboxed
- Custom activity architecture
- Design features
- Asynchronous process monitoring
- System job cleanup and maintenance
- Open-lab time
- Upgrade scenarios
- Code-recovery of lost source plugin code
Thanks to our virtual development environments, the majority of our time will be spent actually designing and developing real-world plugins. Think labs. Lots and lots of labs.
Students will also be asked to bring one project with them that they would like to create while additional resources are available to them. This is strictly optional, but it is available.
In addition to the workshop materials, each student will receive additional tools and code templates to help increase their productivity as a Dynamics CRM plugin developer.
Finally, all students are free to keep any work produced during their lab-time as well as the tools and templates used in class.